If no corrections have been made to the pre-entered form, you may also submit the tax return by "silent assent", i.e. do nothing.
Send the corrected and signed paper form together with all required attachements to the tax office indicated on the form.
- Log in to altinn (altinn.no), the Norwegian public reporting portal.
For your first session you need PIN-codes (skatteetaten.no). Later, if you do not wish to use single-session PIN codes, you can sign in using a password of your choice.
- You can also log on to altinn with a "BANK-ID" if you have that.
- Follow our quick guide to submitting the tax return on altinn.
- If you do not submitt a tax return by 30 April you will be considered to have given "silent assent" to the information pre-entered on the tax return form by the tax office.
- If you choose to do this, remember that the standard deduction for foreigners (skatteetaten.no) is never included in the pre-entered form.
- Tax-liable individuals staying in Norway for a maximum of 183 days, may request an advance tax assessment from the local tax office.
- Requests for advance tax assessments must be made on the form RF-1038 Tax Return for advance assessment of foreign employee (pdf) (skatteetaten.no). Follow the Guidelines for completing RF-1038 Tax Return for advance assessment of foreign employee (English guidelines start on page 2) (pdf) (skatteetaten.no).