The consortium aims to:
- Gain fundamental knowledge leading to breakthroughs and new processes.
- Innovation of existing processes to the level necessary for transition to pilot level validation.
- Achieve techno-economic insights for optimal integration within and across value chains.
- Achieve greater understanding of the environmental consequences of the various value chains.
The research activities are organized in four main sub-projects:
- Bio-resource, Environment and Climate
- Primary Biomass Conversion
- Secondary Conversion and Upgrading
- Process design and End Use